What is the Certification Advantage?
The CPhT is the gold standard of credentialing for pharmacy technicians. Most employers prefer, and many require, that their pharmacy technicians be CPhTs.
- High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma)
- Passing score on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
- Compliance with all applicable PTCB certification policies
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase more than 31% by 2018. The BLS suggests that pharmacy technicians with formal education or training, previous work experience and national certification will be specifically sought after to meet these demands.
- Respected credential
- Validated achievement and knowledge
- Improved employment opportunities
- Potential for higher salary
- Career growth
- Understanding of pharmacy law
- Prestige among coworkers
Do you know Sarah?
Sarah is a high school senior who dreams about a career in health care. She is eager to find a job that doesn’t require a college degree and allows her to put her passion for helping others to use after graduation. She’s heard about a job where she could work alongside a pharmacist, assisting patients. She wants to learn more, but doesn’t know where to start.
Help Sarah achieve her dreams.
Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhTs) support pharmacists, keep pharmacies running smoothly, and provide quality care to patients in hospital, health-system, and retail settings.