NOW AT PTCB
PTCB Names Hortense Jones the PTCB CPhT of the Year
PTCB has named Hortense Jones, CPhT, of Durham, NC, the 2015 PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) of the Year. Ms. Jones is the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor at the Lincoln Community Health Center (LCHC) in Durham, a primary care facility providing accessible outpatient health services to the medically underserved. In this role, she is an employee of Duke Regional Hospital, a part of the Duke University Health System. Ms. Jones supervises a team of 11 pharmacy technicians in the LCHC pharmacy, which processes more than 1,000 prescriptions daily for nearly 30,000 patients. Read the full story.
Celebrate National Pharmacy Technician Day on October 20!
Special Discounts Offered
National Pharmacy Technician Day is October 20. Team up to recognize the essential role of pharmacy technicians on your team. Take advantage of discounts, send PTCB your photo, and join the conversation using #RxTechDay.
• Shop PTCB: Get 20% off all merchandise in the PTCB Store October 20 - 31.
• And Shop Some More: Special discounts are offered by six organizations this month.
• Share Your Photo: Take photos of your pharmacy team and share your photo! Send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your pharmacy name and location in your email, and we will post them on Facebook.
• Get Social on October 20: Join the conversation and tell about your role on your pharmacy team, and use #RxTechDay on Facebook and Twitter.
• Join Associations! Urge your pharmacy to purchase technician memberships in national and state pharmacy associations, and take advantage of discounts in technician membership fees this month.
Print Your Free Wallet Card
Now you can print your own wallet card to carry with you and show others you are PTCB Certified. To print yours, log into your PTCB Account and click 'Print Certificate' under 'Certification Management'. If you are using Chrome or Firefox as your browser, please download your card first and open it as a PDF file before printing.
Your CE Requirements: What Will Change in 2016
This is a reminder that effective January 1, 2016, PTCB will implement a change in continuing education (CE) recertification requirements for CPhTs that reduces the allowable number of CE hours earned via college/university courses from 15 to 10. Beginning in 2016, a maximum of 10 of your 20 CE hours may be earned by completing a relevant college course with a grade of 'C' or better. Read more.
NEWS AND RESOURCES
PTCB Becomes Observer Organization at the International Pharmaceutical Federation
PTCB is pleased to announce that effective October 4, PTCB became an official observer organization at the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP). This status was approved by the FIP Council on September 28 at the 75th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Düsseldorf, Germany. Read the full story.
PTCB Associate Executive Director William Schimmel Explains Steps To Becoming Certified
Many pharmacists are looking to national certification as a standard by which to accurately discern a pharmacy technician’s knowledge. Regardless of state requirements, certification is still enormously beneficial, according to William Schimmel, Associate Executive Director of PTCB. Read the full story.
Coming Up PTCB on the Road
• October 18-21: PTCB will attend and exhibit at the Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar in Washington, DC. Stop by the ice cream social on October 20, National Pharmacy Technician Day.
• October 20: National Pharmacy Technician Day!
• October 23-25: PTCB will present at the Northland Association of Pharmacy Technicians annual meeting in Grand Forks, ND.
• November 12-15: PTCB will present at the American Society of Pharmacy Law Seminar on Developments in Pharmacy Law in Miami, FL.
• November 19-22: PTCB will present at the Association for Career and Technical Education CareerTech Vision conference in New Orleans, LA.
• December 6-10: PTCB will exhibit at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
• September 10-13: PTCB exhibited at the MidAmerica Pharmacy Conference & Expo
in Overland Park, KS.
• September 25: PTCB presented and exhibited at the Minnesota Society of Health-System Pharmacists Technician Conference
in Brooklyn Center, MN.
• September 26: PTCB presented at the Idaho Society of Health-System Pharmacists Conference
Annual Fall Conference in Sun Valley, ID.
• September 28-October 3: PTCB attended the World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (FIP) Conference
in Dusseldorf, Germany, and became an official observer organization of FIP.
• October 10-14: PTCB exhibited at the National Community Pharmacists Association Annual Convention
in Washington, DC.
CE UPDATE IMPORTANT:
Check Your NABP e-Profile in CPE Monitor To Be Sure Your Certification Number is Included
The CPE Monitor is a national, collaborative effort by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education that allows pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to track their completed CPE credits in a central system. PTCB is completing the first step in the process of connecting information in your CPE Monitor
account to your PTCB Account. In the future, this connection is designed to allow CE hours entered into your CPE Monitor account to simultaneously be recorded in your PTCB Account. Part of this process involves you, as a CPhT. It is important that you log into your CPE Monitor account to be sure your NABP e-Profile is set up correctly, and then check to be sure your PTCB Certification number is reflected. All pharmacy technicians are encouraged to register for CPE Monitor if they have not already done so.
Interested in employment, discussions, and PTCB updates? Join PTCB's Group and follow PTCB's Company Page on LinkedIn.
Like PTCB on Facebook.
Follow PTCB on Twitter!
View previous issues of CPhT Connection.