VOTE FOR THE PTCB CPhT OF THE YEAR!
Cast your vote!
PTCB invites you to vote now for the 2015 PTCB CPhT of the Year. PTCB's CPhT of the Year Program honors and recognizes individual achievement in patient care, leadership, and innovation to encourage and support excellence among all pharmacy technicians. This year, PTCB was thrilled to receive our largest pool of nominations to date for the CPhT of the Year award. PTCB's nomination review team read many stories of dedicated and valued CPhTs making a difference every day in their pharmacies. Through a detailed rating process, PTCB selected eight CPhT candidates to appear on the online ballot.
Now it's your turn to vote! You may vote once. Voting will close on September 18, 2015.
The 2015 honoree will receive: a $1,000 honorarium and travel and accommodations to attend a special evening event on October 27, 2015 in Washington, DC to recognize the CPhT of the Year for leadership, innovation, and excellence in patient safety, and to celebrate PTCB's 20th anniversary. Read more.
NOW AT PTCB PTCB Certified for 20 Years? Receive Your Free 20-Year Commemorative Pin
PTCB is proud to be celebrating our 20th year, and would like to send a small gift to all CPhTs who have been actively PTCB certified for 20 years or more. If you became PTCB certified before January 1, 1996, and have maintained your PTCB certification, you can expect to receive a commemorative 20-year pin this fall honoring 20 years of commitment to PTCB certification. To receive yours, please complete a form for verification and mailing purposes. Complete your form now
Rico Powell, CPhT, Discusses Patient Safety and Professionalism
In an exclusive interview with Pharmacy Times
, Rico Powell, CPhT, shared his thoughts on the technician’s growing role in ensuring patient safety and improving health care outcomes. Read the full story
. PTCB Board Member Scott Meyers Shares Thoughts on Certified Pharmacy Technician Roles
Few individuals can offer as unique a perspective on the evolving role of pharmacy technicians as Scott A. Meyers, RPh, MS, FASHP. He is a member and the former chair of the PTCB Board of Governors. Read the full story
Send Us Your Photos During October in Honor of National Pharmacy Technician Day!
National Pharmacy Technician Day is October 20, your day to celebrate the contributions and commitment of CPhTs. During the month of October, send your pharmacy team photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will post it on PTCB's Facebook page to celebrate the day! Like PTCB on Facebook
and watch for details!
• September 10-13: PTCB will exhibit at the MidAmerica Pharmacy Conference & Expo in Overland Park, KS.
• September 12: Drug Take-Back Day in Delaware and Pennsylvania only.
• September 25: PTCB will present and exhibit at the Minnesota Society of Health-System Pharmacists Technician Conference in Brooklyn Center, MN.
• September 26: Drug Take-Back Day
• September 26: PTCB will present at the Idaho Society of Health-System Pharmacists Conference.
• September 28-October 3: PTCB will attend the World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (FIP) Conference in Dusseldorf, Germany.
• October 10-14: PTCB will exhibit at the National Community Pharmacists Association Annual Convention in Washington, DC.
• October 18-21: PTCB will attend the Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar in Washington, DC.
• October 20: National Pharmacy Technician Day!
PTCB Progress Report Presents a Snapshot of PTCB's Work To Advance Patient Care
PTCB's Annual Progress Report highlights a busy and exciting year of collaboration, outreach, and engagement. The report summarizes growth in PTCB's stakeholder programs, new and expanding roles for CPhTs, changes in PTCB's certification and recertification requirements, and other progress made in advancing our mission to develop, maintain, update, and administer a nationally accredited program that advances patient care and safety.
View the online report
Interested in employment, discussions, and PTCB updates? Join PTCB's Group
and follow PTCB's Company Page
on LinkedIn. Like PTCB
Follow PTCB on Twitter