Holiday Greetings and
Happy New Year
NOW AT PTCB
PTCB Honors CPhT of the Year Hannah Peabody for Excellence
On December 9, 2014, the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) honored Hannah Peabody of East Syracuse, NY, at a special event to recognize her as the 2014 PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) of the Year©. The ceremony and reception took place during the American Society of Health-System Phamacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting in Anaheim, CA. Read the full story.
December 22 Marks the Beginning of the Recertification Window for March 2015 Recertificants
If you are due to recertify by March 31, 2015, you can apply now. Your 100-day window begins on December 22. Review updates in your Continuing Education requirements to get started.
- February 13-15: PTCB will attend the Midwest Pharmacy Expo in Des Moines, IA.
- February 15: PTCB will speak at the Maryland Pharmacists Association Midyear meeting in Linthicum, MD.
- March 1-4: PTCB will attend the ATP Innovations Meeting in Palm Springs, CA.
- March 27-30: PTCB will exhibit at the American Pharmacists Association annual meeting in San Diego.
PTCB STORE NEWS
Just Arrived! Tri-Blend PTCB T-Shirt
Now you can order your PTCB American Apparel Tri-Blend T-shirt! This new item just arrived in the PTCB store! The shirt is an American Apparel adult 3.7-ounce short-sleeved track shirt (50% polyester, 25% cotton, 25% rayon). The fabric combines three fibers for softness, comfort, and durability. The PTCB logo is proudly displayed on the front. Order today for yourself, your colleagues, or your employees.
RESOURCES AND NEWS
American Pharmacists Association 2015 Annual Meeting To Include Pharmacy Technician Day
The APhA 2015 Annual Meeting & Exposition in San Diego will include an assortment of pharmacy technician-specific CE sessions. For those who cannot take part in the entire meeting, APhA invites you to register for the Pharmacy Technician Day portion on Sunday, March 29. Watch your inbox for information in future communications. The day will include the following sessions, and more:
- Getting Your Foot in the Door: Strategies for Success (leadership)
- Patient Safety in Compounding and Traceability (law CE)
- Medication Safety: Protecting Patients and Practitioners (patient safety CE)
APhA has other education options for pharmacy technicians. For a quick search of pharmacy technician-specific CE activities, visit the APhA education page and type T in the ‘Search by ACPE number’ field. You will find more pharmacy technician resources on the APhA's pharmacy technician resource page.
Interested in employment, discussions, and PTCB updates? Join PTCB's Group and follow PTCB's Company Page on LinkedIn.
Like PTCB on Facebook.
Follow PTCB on Twitter!
View previous issues of CPhT Connection.