About the Organization
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization with headquarters in Washington DC. PTCB develops, maintains, and administers a nationally accredited certification program for pharmacy technicians and has certified over 550,000 pharmacy technicians since its inception in 1995.
About the Job
PTCB seeks a dynamic individual to assist with establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships to increase understanding and acceptance of PTCB’s mission and initiatives. This can include a high degree of interaction with State Boards of Pharmacy, state associations (pharmacist and technician), and employers and educators of pharmacy technicians. The role will also include a significant amount of writing and presenting to stakeholders, planning, execution, and inter-departmental interaction to further PTCB's role as the national standard for technician certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Identify, cultivate, and sustain relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Build and foster strong relationships with existing partners to maximize value for the partner and PTCB.
- Travel to and participate in appropriate meetings of state associations, pharmacy industry and other stakeholders.
- Monitor pharmacy technician regulations, education/training programs, and trends through attending state and national meetings, building industry relationships, and other relevant means.
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Create customized proposals and presentations for various state, national, and internal meetings.
- Participate in the development of new PTCB products and enhancement of existing products, programs, and services for stakeholders.
- Create and standardize materials and infrastructure to support the department.
- Help identify customer needs through relationship-building and convey information about those needs to appropriate PTCB departments.
- Provide assistance as an inter-departmental liaison to ensure high-levels of customer satisfaction and demonstrate efficient knowledge transfer among peers.
- Maintain contact database with up-to-date information of PTCB partners.
- Degree in pharmacy (BS Pharm or PharmD)
- Minimum 3 years experience in pharmacy or health care-related environment
- Broad knowledge of pharmacy and the work of technicians
- Knowledge of pharmacy and health care regulatory environment
- Outstanding history of client management and interpersonal skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or equivalent)
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Strategic Alliances Associate Director" in the subject line. PTCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.