About the Organization
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization with headquarters in Washington DC. PTCB develops, maintains, and administers a nationally accredited certification program for pharmacy technicians and has certified over 550,000 pharmacy technicians since its inception in 1995.
About the Job
This position will work as part of a highly collaborative team to develop examinations and assist in other development activities related to PTCB’s national certification programs under the direction of the Associate Director of Assessment Development. Primary responsibilities include: working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop PTCB’s compounded sterile preparation (CSP) exam items/scenarios, assembling exam forms to meet content outline requirements; working with the PTCB testing service provider, contractors, raters/judges, and SMEs to publish and deliver assessments; conducting quality checks related to the testing program; implementing and developing assessment best practices; preparing summary reports and other documents; and working cooperatively with the Associate Director to provide support to other PTCB projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of USP 797 guidelines.
- Mastery of grammar, punctuation, and other editorial conventions.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Meeting facilitation and public speaking.
- Use of Microsoft Office software (or similar).
- Coordinate multiple work tasks effectively.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attend to details in all work produced.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
Education & Experience Required
- Associate Degree plus five years of combined professional experience in at least two of the following:
- Delivering training in a pharmacy technician program.
- Developing educational content in the industry of pharmacy.
- Preparing CSPs.
Other Qualifications Preferred
- Skill in technical writing.
- Knowledge of training and assessment best practices
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Assessment Content Developer - CSP" in the subject line. PTCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.